If you are short on time, this recipe is perfect! Ready at the table in less than 30 minutes, and made richer and more delicious with the addition of anchovy.
- 8 eggs
- 1 pound of anchovy fillets
- 4 large tomatoes / or ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Handful fresh parsley (chopped)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pepperoncino (optional)
- In a skillet pan add olive oil and garlic cloves crushed with a flat side of the knife.
- If you prefer a stronger garlic taste, chop it finely.
- Let simmer for a minute or two without letting the garlic burn.
- Add fresh tomatoes previously washed, cleaned from the seeds and cut in small cubes.
- As an alternative add ½ cup diced tomatoes from the can.
- Let tomatoes cook until soft.
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt and chopped parsley.
- Pour the eggs over the garlic tomato mix. In a minute, place anchovies over frittata going around the clock.
- Place frittata in a preheated to 375F oven for 10-15 minutes to finish cooking.
- Grind some pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.