A luscious dinner filled with chunks of buttery lobster, asparagus and sweet peas. The perfect dinner for Valentine’s Day or a fancy Date Night in.
- 2-2.5 lbs spiny lobster
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large shallots, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup dry arborio rice
1/2 cup white cooking wine
3–4 cups chicken stock
1 cup chopped asparagus spears, cut into 1/2” pieces
1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan add chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and then just keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, add butter. Once melted add in shallots. Saute until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. (don’t caramelize or brown them)
- Next, add in garlic cloves, saute for 30 seconds. Stirring the entire time. Next, immediately add in the arborio rice. Stir to incorporate the rice with vegetables and immediately add in white wine. Stir often until the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add in 1 cup of the broth to the rice pot, simmer over medium-low heat. Stirring often, until the liquid is absorbed, about 3-4 minutes.
- Continue to cook until the rice is tender and creamy, adding broth in by cupfuls and stirring often. about 28-32 minutes.
- After the last cup of chicken broth add in asparagus spears and sweet peas. Stir until the liquid is evaporated again. Then squeeze in lemon juice and add pecorino romano cheese. Stir until creamy.
- Fill a large saucepot with water. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil.
- Drop lobster into the pot, uncovered. Bring to a slow boil.
- Then once it’s at a slow boil, cook for 3 additional minutes.
- Remove lobster from the pot. Twist off the tails.
- Remove the meat. Dice up the lobster into rough chunks and add lobster meat to the cooked risotto. Stir to incorporate.
- Serve 1 – 1 1/2 cups of risotto for each person
- Top with diced chives.
- Optional: garnish with melted butter on lobster.
Adapted from JoyfulHealthyEats