To save time, buy a peppercorn medley packaged in a pepper grinder (available in the spice section of the supermarket).
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon (packed) grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 1-inch-thick swordfish fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mash butter, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, and lemon peel in small bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle swordfish with salt and ground mixed peppercorns. Add swordfish to skillet. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Turn swordfish over and transfer to oven. Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer swordfish to plates.
- Add seasoned butter to same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits, until melted and bubbling. Pour butter sauce over swordfish and serve.