1 pound rockfish fillets, cut into ½ inch dice
¾ cup fresh lime juice
1 cup ½ inch dice seeded tomato
¾ cup ½ in dice red onion
¾ cup peeled ½ in diced peeled cucumbers
2-3 minced serrano chiles
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 tbsp kosher salt
8 tostada shells, roughly 6 inches
1 ½ – 2 large avocados, sliced lengthwise
1 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the pin bones from the rockfish fillets, they run lengthwise along each fillet. You can use tweezers and pull the bones out in the same direction that they are pointing.
- Once the bones are removed dice the rockfish fillets into ½ cubes.
- In a large, nonreactive bowl, mix the diced rockfish with lime juice and stir several times. Let sit, stirring often for about 15 minutes. The fish should be mostly opaque.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, serrano chiles, cilantro and salt. Mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and lime juice.
- Spoon the ceviche onto tostada shells and add pepper and avocado as toppings.
Adapted from myrecipes.com.