This preparation of abalone is extremely easy, healthy, and elevated.
- 1 pound of abalone fillets
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced for compote
- Sauvignon blanc, or other white wine
- Olive oil
- Butter, 1 – 2 Tablespoons
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Cup polenta
- Prepare polenta as per recipe.
- Cover asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in pre-heated oven at 375° for 5-6 minutes till tender but not soft.
- Sear abalone in sauté pan with olive oil, butter, salt and pepper to taste, for 15-20 seconds a side. Do not over cook.
- Remove abalone and keep warm.
- In the same pan throw in cherry tomato halves and sliced red onion. Add a splash of wine and cook on high heat till tomatoes blister. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate abalone alongside the polenta and asparagus. Surround with tomato compote and garnish with chopped parsley.