This quick and easy recipe is great for a weeknight dinner or even a special occasion. Halibut is a very mild, sweet-tasting, lean fish, which blends perfectly with the citrus and bright flavors of this dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, separated into segments, membranes removed
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- approx. 1 lb halibut, skin removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the olives, orange segments, and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the salt and pepper. Place the fish in the pan and spoon the sauce over it. Cover and simmer until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
4. Divide the fish and sauce among individual plates and sprinkle with the dill.