This easy yet elegant crab spaghetti will brighten any table! Ready in 30 minutes or less and very flavorful.
- Fresh Rock Crab Meat, Shells Removed (Approx. 1 lb.)
- 8 Ounces of Dried Spaghetti
- 3 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic – Minced
- 1/3 Cup Dry White Wine, Plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1 Lemon – Juiced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Kosher Salt
Lemon and Garlic Gremolata:
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Fresh Sourdough Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest (about 1 medium lemon)
For crab spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
- In large pan over medium high heat melt butter in olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Add white wine, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer and cook for 8 minutes. Add crab meat and hot spaghetti and stir to mix well. Add ½ cup of Parmesan and kosher salt; toss. Add ¼ cup of reserved cooking liquid at a time if the pasta needs more liquid. Top with Lemon and Garlic Gremolata and more Parmesan cheese and serve.
For lemon and garlic gremolata
- In medium fry pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add bread crumbs and kosher salt. Stir to combine in butter. Toast bread crumbs for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occassionally. Be careful so crumbs don’t burn. Remove hot bread crumbs from heat and add in garlic, parsley and lemon zest. Stir to combine and add to top of Crab Spaghetti.