This very simple glaze recipe is great paired with meaty Ahi Tuna fillets for a light summertime meal al fresco. The tangy limes and the sweet honey beautifully complement the subtle smokiness from the grill. This grilled Ahi tuna recipe is best if the fish is cooked medium-rare.
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 6-ounce Ahi tuna fillets
- Optional: Salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger.
- Lay the tuna fillets on a plate, season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste, and spoon over half of the glaze, turning to coat evenly.
- Let the tuna fillets marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add the honey to the remaining half of the glaze and mix well.
- Heat an outdoor grill on high or make a hot fire in a charcoal grill.
- When the grates are hot, lightly oil them and place tuna fillets on the grill. Cook for about 2 minutes and turn them over, brushing the glaze over the cooked side. Grill 2 minutes more for medium-rare to medium.
- When the fish is cooked, transfer it to a plate and using a clean brush, spread the honey lime glaze over the other side of the fillet.
- Serve immediately with any remaining glaze.
Adapted from www.thespruceeats.com