A recipe for basic Hawaiian poke made with raw tuna, amazing spices and fresh flavors.
- 1 lb of fresh tuna, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (if Paleo, use coconut aminos)
- 1 tsp hot chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt or Hawaiian rock salt
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- Cut tuna into cubes. Cubes should be about 1/2 inch in size.
- Place tuna into a bowl and add sesame oil, soy sauce, hot chili flakes and salt.
- Gently give a little stir and taste. At this point, you may want to add a bit more pepper flake, sesame oil or salt.
- Once the flavors are where you like it, add green onion and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to four hours.
Recipe adapted from www.thesurferskitchen.com