Sand dabs have a delicate, sweet flavor unmatched by any other Pacific flatfish.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 sand dabs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip each fish in milk, then in flour; season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully ease fish into pan and fry over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fillets to a warmed platter.
- Melt remaining butter in a small skillet; add capers and quickly heat through. Pour over fish, squeese lemon over dish and serve immediately.