Chefs prize sole for its mild, buttery, sweet flavor and versatility, and for its ease of filleting. This simple and delicious preparation is quick and easy!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound sole fillet
- Fresh dill and lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt if desired and pepper.
- Transfer to a large skillet; heat on medium heat until melted. Add the sole and saute several minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with dill and lemon if desired.