Whelk meat lends itself well to many interpretations, but these whelk fritters are spectacular! Surprise your family and friends with this innovative dish.
- Whelk meat cooked and chopped roughly.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sambal
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- High heat oil for deep-frying
- Mix whelks, salt, sambal, and scallions in bowl. Stir in flour with rubber spatula. Whisk eggs and milk together in a separate bowl then fold milk mixture in to whelk mixture. Try not to over mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 2 small spoons, drop golf ball sized scoops of batter into 350-degree oil. When the fritters float, give them a nudge so they flip over then continue to cook for 1 more minute. Drain on paper towels and season with salt. Serve immediately.