A delicious and fresh way of preparing your Halibut!
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped chives
- 1/2 cup of chopped mint
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Freshly grind tricolor pepper
- 18 oz of California Halibut skin patted dry with a paper towel and cut into desired portions
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients and marinate Halibut for 1 hour.
- Heat large cast iron or stainless sauté pan on medium high.
- Pick-up Halibut and let marinade drip off for a moment.
- Sear each side of the Halibut for 1-3 minute (depending on the thickness), until golden brown.
- Place on a parchment paper sheet and bake at 350ºF until internal temperature is 145ºF
- Serve with fresh wedges of deseeded lime and lemon
Recipe adapted from Sarah Faye @Faye’s Cafe